People have a lot of questions when it comes to bailing someone out of jail. Most people don’t use bail on a day to day basis, so this confusion is understandable. Luckily, the professionals working at Long Beach Bail Bonds are more than capable of helping provide answers for those questions. Here are just a few examples of the questions our agents answer all the time.
- What is a co-signer? A co-signer is a person who is willing to take responsibility for the bail bond and sign the paperwork. They are in charge of making sure that payments are made on time and that their friend or family member goes to all of their court dates. There can be multiple co-signers for a bail bond.
- Who can bail someone out? Unlike what some people may think, a person doesn’t have to be related to someone in order to post their bail. You just need to know enough about the person in order to fill out the paperwork for the bail bond.
- If I cannot bail somebody out immediately, up to how many days do I have to be able to bail them out of jail? In most cases, the only time limit to bailing someone out of jail is their trial period. Once the trial is over, the person is no longer bailable. So you have until then to get the person out of jail.
- What happens if I do not post bail? Your loved one stays in jail for the remainder of their trial.
- Can you bail someone out of jail in Nevada? No, we cannot. Absolute Bail Bonds is only licensed to provide bail bonds within the state of California. If you are looking to bail someone out in another state, you will need to contact a bail agent in that state.
- Can you tell me what my friend was arrested for? Yes, but in order to do that we will first need to locate your friend in the jail system. We will need, at the very least, his or her name, birthday, and county of arrest.
This is just a small sample of the questions our agents are asked on a daily basis. Hopefully this helps answer some of your questions. If not, you can always talk to one of our agents. Our bail agents are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and consultations are always free.
What are you waiting for? If you’ve got a question, call 562-436-2207 or click Chat With Us now.