11 Jul Strange Laws from Around the US
It probably comes as no surprise to anybody that politicians do not always come up with the best ideas when it comes to laws. Many times, it can be argued that their hearts were in the right place, they simply failed on the delivery of the new law. Others times, there is simply no explanation for the law.
You can find proof of this, by simply looking through the different laws of not just California, but other states as well. It would seem no state is safe from have a law that would make you scratch your head in confusion.
- Women may not drive in a house coat in California.
- Citizens in Virginia must honk their horn when passing other cars.
- At a wake in Massachusetts, mourners may not have more than 3 sandwiches.
- In Iowa, tanning bed facilities must warn of the risk of getting a sunburn.
- It is considered an offense to hunt whales in Utah.
- Donkeys cannot be kept in a bathtub in Georgia.
- In Nebraska, it is illegal for a bar owner to sell beer unless they are simultaneously brewing a kettle of soup.
- Florida accidentally banned all smartphones and computer in internet cafes.
Surprisingly, this is not the only landlocked state to outlaw whaling.
The list could easily continue, since there are dozens of strange laws all over the country. Some are clearly from another time period, while others are just strange. Many of them should probably be removed from state law, but that won’t happen anytime soon.